Tuesday 7 November 2017

Feedback: Homework

Collated below are the reponses from the parental survey carried out in September. These are the comments recieved regarding homework. There was a sense of negativity about the home learning projects rather than homework in itself as you can see. While the projects are entirely optional, there is clearly an element of expectation and pressure to complete that is causing undo stress for parents and pupils. We will try and consider how we move forward bearing this in mind. 

Disappointed when it isn’t marked and not valued
We don’t do projects anymore as no feedback is given
We don’t like holiday homework as it’s a struggle to complete
Homework is too long and children lose concentration
I support homework and reward at home but my child thrives off the school rewards a lot more
I think it is suitable for the age
I find the level of weekly homework good but the projects are difficult to complete in the holidays
We didn’t complete the holiday homework
I have mixed feelings – the opportunity to practise skills learnt in the lesson is good but the holiday homework is too long.
I think homework in the holidays is unfair
I think homework should be minimal to allow time for extra curricular activities
Sometimes feel the home learning projects are too much as they need a break
It would be better if the children were allowed to have a break at half term
We understand the need for homework but don’t always get time to do it
I am happy with the amount of homework given at the moment
At present it feels like a lot of homework – I want my child to enjoy it rather than being a chore
I would prefer something a bit more challenging – the reading books are outdated
Maybe a little more time would be very helpful
Largely disagree with homework in primary school as it takes away from family time and other activities
After 6 hours at school, I am a believer in children having down time
The projects are good but too much at half term and the kids just need a break
Weekly homework is great but the projects are a struggle
I do have real issues with projects as the children need to have a break
Sometimes feel projects are too much for holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment